- It doesn't matter what you wear as long as the majority of it is black. And, it's nice to know that men still wear suits.
- Public transportation - and so much of it - totally rocks. You do, however, still feel like a rat in a maze even with all the abundant signage.
- There is a Dunkin' Donuts on every corner except any corner on my walk to Penn Station. I've been told there's one right in the station but I have yet to find it (see reference to maze above).
- You do a lot of walking when using public transportation and that's good for my butt.
- Reverse commute, moving against the tide of traffic, on foot is not nearly as enjoyable as when you're driving a car.
- People honk their horns all the time, just because they can, and I love it. It makes me feel like maybe I'm not so crazy even if I'm the only one doing it in suburbia CA.
- It can be warm while rainy (unlike in Northern California).
- Humidity makes for a bad hair day (see above).
- The economy seems to be doing fine, at least in Manhattan, as judged by the hour-long waits to get a table at a restaurant.
- It's hard to read a menu in said restaurants' dim lighting making me realize that I need to go to the eye doctor and get a new prescription. I literally cannot read the menus.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Posted by Cathy Reaves at Wednesday, October 27, 2010