I'm not sure if there is anything I can't do. That is such a strong statement and one I don't think I want to utter. Something I've heard repeatedly throughout the years is that if you say you can't do something, then you won't be able, and so I try to avoid that line of thinking.
There are things I find hard to do:
- keep my cool when I'm hungry
- leave the kitchen messy
- drive the speed limit (aka slow!)
- lower my expectations
- relax and just live in the moment
There are things I won't do:
- jump out of an airplane (have you seen the statistics on that?!)
- settle for less then I'm worth
- take unnecessary financial risks
- stop worrying about my kids
"Can't" makes it seem like the subject is out of your control, as if you are a victim. I'm struggling now to think of something, anything that is truly out of my control. There are plenty of things that I choose NOT to control and may even convince myself that I have no control. But if I am honest to myself, deep down I know that these things are in my control. It is a function of my action or inaction whether or not I can or cannot do something. Right now, I will choose to believe that there is nothing I can't do.